FAITHLESS VIDEO CAMPAIGN 2020
WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms tell you the rules for using the Faithless website www.faithless.co.uk and/or any of our other related online or mobile products, content and services, such as websites, widgets and applications (collectively, our “Site”).
In particular, these terms tell you about your obligations in relation to any Content (as defined below) that you may submit to Faithless either via the Site or any links to third party accounts and/or platforms accessed via the Site, in connection with the Faithless video campaign 2020 (the “Campaign”) and how we and Faithless may use that Content.
The Campaign is intended to encourage fans to film themselves dancing to any Faithless recording, and as part of this we are asking fans to upload a video via the Site of the user dancing to a preferred Faithless recording, an extract of which may potentially be included in a Faithless music video (please see the Content You Submit To Us and Video sections below for details).
By using our Site, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our Site.
These terms and conditions refer to our Privacy
Policies which also applies to your use of our Site.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please contact us
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US ⇈
This website is operated by Faithless ("we", “us” or “our”).
CONTENT YOU SUBMIT TO US (VIA THE SITE OR VIA A THIRD PARTY LINK) ⇈
Our Site allows you to submit content and information including (as applicable) your name, email address, text, videos and images (collectively “Content”) to us in the following ways:
- via the “Add Your Videos/Images” page;
- via your social media or third party account; and
- via any other third party internet link,
You may submit your Content to us so long as you comply with these terms and conditions, and with all applicable laws and regulations.
When you submit your Content you do so for the purposes of having it considered by us:
- for use in connection with the Campaign (whether alone or together with other materials) on our Site, via television platforms, exhibition in public places, social media, websites connected to us, Faithless and/or their licensees, in any and all publicity, promotional and marketing materials relating to the Campaign and via other media as set out below; and/or
- for inclusion as part of the Music Video (please see the Music Video section below for more details).
You retain all of your ownership rights in any Content submitted to us, but when you submit your Content you grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable licence to use, exploit, display, publish, transmit, distribute, make available, copy, adapt, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-license your Content (in whole or in part) whether alone or together with other materials, for all purposes in connection with:
- the Campaign, whether on the Site, or on other websites and/or social media accounts operated by us and/or Faithless and/or their affiliates and/or their licensees, via television platforms, exhibition in public places, and/or in any and all publicity, promotional and marketing materials relating to the Campaign;
- the Music Video, including the Content’s inclusion within the Music Video and the exploitation of the Music Video via any and all means and media, worldwide, in perpetuity, whether existing now or invented in the future; and/or
- any other uses of your Content via any and all means and media, whether existing now or invented in the future, in connection with the Campaign and/or the Music Video (including the Campaign’s publicity, advertising, marketing and promotion and the insertion of advertising in connection with the Music Video and/or any Content), (all such use being at our absolute discretion).
You agree not to assert any moral or similar rights you may have in your Content.
You agree that we are under no obligation to use your Content on the Site, or in the Music Video, or to otherwise use it. We may remove Content from the Site, the Music Video or from any other platform and/or materials, in our absolute discretion, at any time and without notice to you.
You acknowledge and agree that we (and/or any third parties authorised by us) shall be permitted to publicise, advertise and promote the Campaign, the Music Video and/or any Content submitted to us via any and all means and media, worldwide, in perpetuity and/or to insert advertising in connection with the Music Video and/or any Content.
You warrant and represent that your Content is true and accurate and that:
- you are the owner (and/or authorised user) of the Content and that you are solely responsible for the Content;
- any use of the Content in accordance with these terms and conditions does not infringe any copyrights, trademarks, design rights or any other intellectual property rights (IP Rights), or rights of privacy/confidentiality, publicity, contractual rights or other rights of any other person or entity;
- you are the person depicted in any videos, images and/or recordings submitted as part of your Content (and if, despite this, you upload any videos, images and/or recordings including any third party, you have obtained the prior written consent of that party to submit such Content to the Site and to provide us with their contact email address);
- the Content does not contain any information about or depict any person(s) under the age of 18 unless you are either his/her parent or legal guardian;
- the Content does not contain any material which is defamatory, obscene or offensive;
- the Content is not likely to mislead or deceive any person; and
- the Content is not likely to disrupt our Site in any way.
You warrant that your Content complies with the standards set out above, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of any of your warranties. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any Content that you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy
You agree that any Content you submit to us may be made available publicly and that we have no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of your Content, except pursuant to our Privacy
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any Content submitted by you constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
MUSIC VIDEO ⇈
By submitting your Content to us you agree that it may be considered for inclusion by us in one or more Faithless music videos recorded and/or filmed by or on behalf of Faithless (“Music Video”), subject to the following terms and conditions:
- We make no representation or guarantee that we will ultimately use any Content (whether submitted by you, or by other users) in the Music Video, and as such there is no minimum or maximum number of items of Content submitted to us that will ultimately be used in the Music Video. You acknowledge that the creation of promotional material such as the Music Video is an inherently artistic and subjective process, and by submitting your Content you acknowledge that we are under no obligation to actually include any Content (whether submitted by you, or by other users) in the Music Video.
- We shall be under no obligation to provide you with any reason or explanation for why your Content has or has not been selected for inclusion in the Music Video (such decision and the criteria for inclusion of any Content being at our absolute discretion), and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- We shall be the owner of the Music Video and shall be entitled to exploit it in accordance with these terms and conditions, in perpetuity, and via any and all means and media, worldwide, (including without limitation via television platforms, exhibition in public places, the Site, social media, websites connected to Faithless and/or its authorised licensees, and in any and all publicity, promotional and marketing materials relating to the Campaign) without any restrictions or payment to you whatsoever. Notwithstanding any other provision of these terms and conditions, we shall not be under any obligation to actually produce and/or exploit the Music Video.
- Content will not be considered for inclusion in the Music Video if it is not otherwise in compliance with these terms and conditions.
- Our rights to use your Content in connection with the Music Video are as set out above in the section entitled Content You Submit To Us.
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR SITE ⇈
You acknowledge and agree that all IP Rights on our Site and in the material published on it (except Content, as defined above) shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors.
All content (text, images, graphics, sound, video and animation files as well as their grouping etc.) on the Site is protected by copyright law and other similar laws. All rights are reserved. This legal protection also extends to any databases and similar facilities available on, or accessible through, the Site. The material on the Site is only free for viewing and use as permitted on the Site. The content of the Site may not be reproduced, distributed, changed or made available to third parties in any form (except as permitted under copyright law) without our prior written permission (except in respect of use of Content (as defined above) by the owner of such Content). Furthermore, several areas of the Site contain images the copyright in which is owned by third parties. Wherever not otherwise expressly specified, all trademarks on the Site are protected by trade mark law.
You acknowledge and agree that the Site is made available for personal non-commercial use only. You may only access, view, copy, download and/or print pages from the Site for the purpose of personal non-commercial use. Any other use is strictly prohibited. You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
DO NOT RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS SITE ⇈
The content on our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Site.
This website may include information and materials submitted by other users of the Site, including in the form of their “stories” and other Content (as defined above). This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we cannot guarantee the completeness, accuracy, reliability, timeliness or usefulness of the information displayed on such Site. We provide this information without any representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied. We disclaim each and every liability for damages arising directly or indirectly from the use of this website, provided such liability is not based on intent or gross negligence on the part of us or those we ask to operate the site on our behalf.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO ⇈
Our websites contain links to other websites. These links serve informational purposes only. We have no control over the content on websites to which we provide links or their development in the future and do not embrace or endorse any content displayed on websites operated by third parties. The operators of the sites to which we provide links are solely responsible for their content.
Where the Site allows you to enter your Content via a third party link e.g. via your social media or other third party accounts or via any other links to other internet sites, then any information provided by you to such third party will be subject to their own privacy policies.
In some instances certain personal information submitted by you with such third parties will be shared with us which may include your name, email address, country of residence, content you upload. Where we have received any personal information about you via your use of any third party link then such information held by us shall be subject to the Privacy and Cookies Policies.
HOW TO COMPLAIN ABOUT CONTENT UPLOADED BY OTHER USERS ⇈
If you wish to complain about content submitted to us and displayed on the website, please contact us
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND TO OUR SITE ⇈
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. We also update and change our Site from time to time.
WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR SITE ⇈
Our Site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Site for business and operational reasons.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
WE MAY TRANSFER THIS AGREEMENT TO SOMEONE ELSE ⇈
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU ⇈
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Please note that we only provide our Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ⇈
We will only use your personal information as set out in our Privacy
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM ⇈
We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
RULES ABOUT LINKING TO OUR SITE ⇈
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our Site must not be framed on any other Site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact us
WHICH COUNTRY'S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES? ⇈
Please note that these terms and conditions, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.